At Connect Church we believe that the Bible is the source for all truth and practice. Furthermore, we understand that the Bible is a unified story that leads to Jesus. With that in mind, we interpret scripture through the lens of what Jesus did and said as told in the four gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John). This is non-negotiable at Connect. It changes everything.
Here at Connect, we prioritize the absolutes of the Christian faith: the theology that has been believed in all places at all times by all followers of Jesus--essentially the ancient creeds.
The Nicene Creed is an example of a creed that has been historically embraced by Bible-believing followers of Jesus since ancient times.
- We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, of all that is, seen and unseen.
- We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father.
- Through him all things were made.
- For us and for our salvation he came down from heaven: by the power of the Holy Spirit he became incarnate from the Virgin Mary, and was made man.
- For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered death and was buried.
- On the third day he rose again in accordance with the Scriptures; he ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
- He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son. With the Father and the Son he is worshipped and glorified. He has spoken through the Prophets. We believe in one holy catholic (undivided Christian) and apostolic Church.
- We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
- We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.
Connect Church is joined with other like-minded churches through its affiliation with the Assemblies of God. Connect is a sovereign assembly in voluntary affiliation with the A/G, and as such is in agreement with its 16 Fundamental Truths.